1 an intervening period or episode
2 a brief show (music or dance etc) performed between the sections of another performance [syn: intermezzo, entr'acte] v : perform an interlude; "The guitar player interluded with a beautiful improvisation"
An intervening episode etc
An entertainment between the acts of a play
- Finnish: välinäytös
A short piece put between the parts of a longer composition
- Finnish: välisoitto
An interlude ("between play") is:
- In music/theatre, as a separate creation/movement (see also overview of the different meanings of interlude in the Entr'acte article):
- In music, as part of a single movement:
- a period of time between or interrupting a larger one.
Interlude can refer to:
- Interlude (1968 film), a British movie.
- Interlude (magic trick), a stage illusion where someone passes through a magician's body.
- Interlude (video game), a Dreamcast video game as well as an anime OVA produced by Toei Animation.
- "Interlude" (aka "A Night in Tunisia"), a 1942 composition by Dizzy Gillespie.
- "Interlude" (1957 song), a Skinner / Webster song recorded by the McGuire Sisters in 1957.
- "Interlude" (Morrissey and Siouxsie song), a song by Morrissey and Siouxsie Sioux.
- Interlude (album), a 2001 album by British band Saint Etienne.
- Interlude (Iron Savior album), a 1999 EP by heavy metal band Iron Savior.
- Interlude (Kool Moe Dee album), a 1994 album by rapper Kool Moe Dee.
- Interlude (Toshiko Akiyoshi album), a 1987 album by jazz pianist Toshiko Akiyoshi.
- A song by (+44) on their album When Your Heart Stops Beating.
- A song by Justin King on his self-titled debut.
- A song by Leftöver Crack, on their album Mediocre Generica
- Blink-182 has a song called The Fallen Interlude on their untitled/selftitled album, blink-182.
- A song by My Chemical Romance on their album Three Cheers For Sweet Revenge
- A song by Timi Yuro.
- A brief instrumental introduction to Muse's song Hysteria on their album ''Absolution
- Atreyu have a song called An Interlude on their album The Curse.
interlude in German: Zwischenspiel
interlude in French: Interlude
interlude in Dutch: Interlude
interlude in Japanese: インタールード
interlude in Polish: Interludium
interlude in Ukrainian: Антракт
interlude in Chinese: 過場
abeyance, act, afterpiece, anacrusis, bass passage, bit, bourdon, break, breath, breather, breathing place, breathing space, breathing spell, breathing time, bridge, burden, cadence, caesura, cease-fire, chaser, chorus, cigarette break, cocktail hour, coda, coffee break, curtain, curtain call, curtain raiser, day off, development, divertimento, divertissement, division, downtime, drop, enforced respite, epilogue, episode, exode, exodus, exposition, expository scene, figure, finale, folderol, gap, half time, half-time intermission, halt, happy hour, harmonic close, hesitation, hiatus, hoke act, holiday, idyll, interim, intermezzo, intermission, intermittence, interregnum, interruption, interval, introduction, introductory phrase, lacuna, lapse, layoff, letup, lull, meantime, meanwhile, measure, movement, musical phrase, musical sentence, number, off-time, ornament, parenthesis, part, passage, pause, period, phrase, plateau, point of repose, prologue, quiet spell, recess, refrain, relief, remission, resolution, respite, response, rest, resting point, ritornello, routine, scene, section, shtick, sketch, skit, song and dance, spell, stand-down, stand-up comedy act, stanza, statement, stay, stop, stoppage, strain, striptease, surcease, suspension, tailpiece, tea break, time off, time out, truce, turn, tutti, tutti passage, vacation, variation, verse, wait